December 15, 2010
Is there a difference between the color you get at the drug store and the color service you get at a salon? The answer is yes. There are obvious advantages and disadvantages to both.
- Box color is exactly that; color out of a box that has been made generic for the masses. It has been formulated to work on all hair types, so the color that’s on the box may not be the color you end up getting.
- A professional stylist has the advantage here. They use more than one color to get to your desired shade. Your stylist knows the science behind the color. They take into account your levels and undertones and can personalize a color formula for your hair.
- With box color you are applying it yourself. This can lead to not only a mess, but can also lead to missed spots and uneven application.
- A professional stylist can evenly apply the color. Also there’s no chance of running out of color for those people with longer or thicker hair.
- Box color may be a cheaper choice in the beginning but color correction from a box gone wrong can be very costly. Also because of the quality box color fades faster than professional color.
- Getting color done in a salon may cost more than your $7 box from the drugstore but you are getting the expertise of someone who has been trained to make your hair look its best. A stylist can find your ideal color, apply it evenly and the quality of the color is better so fading won’t happen as quickly.
Your hair can be of your greatest everyday accessories. Take care of it and make sure it’s color is looking its best!